How to colour your hair without using cosmetics is rather overwhelming. Colour your hair naturally is one of the best, without using any harmful hair products.
There are many natural herbs and homemade ingredients that are harmless for your hair and you can use it as much as you want. But one thing to keep in mind, natural hair colours don’t last very long but it is very good for your hair.
It may take some time to get the colour on your hair but its worth it. The method is safe, non- toxic and it heals the hair too. It prevents split ends and make the hair looks healthy.
How to colour your hair without using cosmetics:
1. Beetroots and Henna (Burgundy colour)
Beetroots will give you a reddish to a burgundy colour, depending on the shade you want.
If you want darker shades then you need more beetroots and if you want lighter shades of red then you have to reduce the number of beetroots.
– Take 2-3 beetroots depending on your needs, and grind them to obtain the juice.
– Take powder henna and mixed it well using the beetroot juice.
– Mixed it till you get a smooth paste.
– Leave the henna mixture overnight for better colour.
– Apply the henna on your hair and leave it for 20-30 minutes, covering your head with a shower cap to keep your hair moist.
– Wash your hair with lukewarm water and pad dry. Do not shampoo.
2. Tea and coffee (Brown colour)
Tea and coffee are great hair dyes for colour your hair without using cosmetics. They cover grey hairs too. You can mixed tea and coffee together or you can use them separately.
– Brewed your tea or coffee in a pot or kettle. Make them strong so that it will give you a desirable colour.
– Let your tea- coffee cool down for a while.
– Add organic ground coffee to the brewed cold coffee. This will give you a darker brown colour. Mixed well
– Apply the mixture to your hair and let it sit on your hair for one hour. Rinse it off.
– Repeat this process for a couple of times to see the changes in your hair.
3. Tomatoes and Carrots (Red/Orange colour)
Tomatoes and carrots give a very good reddish or orange colour based on what you want. The concentration of colours is mainly on the concentration of tomatoes and carrots used.
– If you want reddish colour, used only tomatoes.
– Take a few tomatoes and make a puree.
– Apply this puree to your hairs from roots to tips.
– Leave for 40 minutes and wash your hair with shampoo.
– Repeat this method twice a week to get better results.
– If you want a light orange colour, used only carrots.
– Take a few carrots and blend them to obtain the juice.
– Cover your hair thoroughly with this juice from roots to tips. Make sure you cover it on almost every strand.
– Leave for 30 minutes and wash your hair with cold water.
– In this method, used a combination of both carrots and tomatoes of equal volume. This combination method will give you a mixture colour of reddish orange colour depending on the strength of the substance used.
– Take equal amount of carrots and tomatoes and blend them well till a paste is formed.
– Apply this paste to your hair properly and leave for 30 minutes.
– Wash your hair with cold water using mild shampoo and pad dry.
Cautions to be taken while colour your hair without using cosmetics
Homemade dyes are harmless and has little to no precautions while using them. They don’t have any side effect but you have to bear in mind that the colour takes a little time to develops.
Repetition of the method twice a week for a month is necessary to obtain the desired result.
You may like: How long does it take for hair to grow?
Share your thoughts below. Thank you