Yeah, we all know what they say; an apple a day keeps the doctor away but yet there might be a slight difference between a red apple and green apple nutrition.
This quotation can be dated back to the old century which indeed proves to be 100% correct; that’s why it is a widely used term throughout the globe.
Apples contain loads of vitamins and minerals that are essential for overall health and beauty.
This page contains affiliate links. See disclosure page.
Green apple nutrition data
A medium size green apple with the peel contains:
- 116.6 IU vitamin A
- .072 mg vitamin B6
- .51 mg vitamin E
- 5.5 ug vitamin K
- 10.6 mg magnesium
- 125 calories
- 30 g carbohydrate
- 4.9 g dietary fiber
- 15-17 g sugars
- 0.6 g protein
- .053 mg riboflavin
- 25.44 mg phosphorus
- 220.48 mg potassium
Gree apple nutrition facts per 100 gm
- Calories: 52.00 – 60.00 grams.
- Water: 86%
- Protein: 0.3 grams.
- Carbs: 13.8 grams.
- Sugar: 10.4 grams.
- Fiber: 2.4 grams.
- Fat: 0.2 grams.
Green apple sugar content
Green apple contains simple sugars like fructose, sucrose, and glucose. Even though it has high carbs and sugar content but its glycemic index is low; hence it is an ideal food for all types of diseases.
The sugar content of green apples is a little lower than that of the red apples and with its high fiber content; it stabilizes the sugar level in the blood.
Green apple nutrition vs red apple
There is a difference between green and red apples but none the less; its nutritive value is almost the same.
Red apples contain nearly five times more of anthocyanin; which may provide heart-healthy and cholesterol-lowering benefits as compare to green apples.
It also contains slightly more fiber, magnesium, phosphorous, calcium; potassium and vitamin K than green apples.
However, green apples contain more vitamin A than the red ones but both are equally rich in antioxidants and loaded with nutrients for your diet.
Green apples do contain a little amount of vitamin C or ascorbic acid which is not found in most red apples.
Should I eat green apple peel?
Absolutely Yes! because; it rich in phenolics; a compound that is good for health and it is found to be present more on apple peel that its fruits.
Is dried apple nutritious?
Yes! it contains almost the same fiber value except for a decrease in some vitamins and nutrients, but not that much. The only thing that dried apple lack is water content.
Would you like to have some dried green apples and green apple candy? Well, here it is:
Green apple benefits
With its wonderful nutrition; green apples have so many benefits both health and skin. First and foremost; let’s see the skin benefits then will come to health.
Well, green apples are amazing and here are the reasons why?
You may like: Benefits of eggplant
GREEN APPLE NUTRITION FOR SKIN
1. Fights wrinkles: Since green apple is loaded with vitamin C and anti-oxidants; thus it reduces skin wrinkles and makes you look young with healthy beautiful skin.
Vitamin C boost collagen, a component that helps in skin tighten and prevent wrinkles.
2. Improves skin texture: If the texture of your skin is coarse and with uneven skin tone; then you should consider having a green apple every day for a month.
Perhaps you might also like to consider making an apple face pack for your skin too. Here’s a simple method to do that.
- Take a green apple and cut it into halves.
- Blend this in a blender until a smooth paste is formed.
- To the paste add 1 tablespoon of raw honey and mix well.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder and mix well again.
- Apply this to your face and leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash with water and pat dry.
3. Prevent acne: Regular consumption of green apples prevent acne formation as it elevates the ski from deep within and brings about healthy skin with the right amount of sebum production.
4. Heal sunburn: Green apples are anti-oxidant and they also have natural sunscreen in them; which protect the skin from sunrays radiation and thus heal sunburn.
Green apple nutrition benefits for Health
Here’s the list of health benefits that we get from green apples:
- Due to the presence of polyphenols; it is good for the heart and lowers the risk of heart diseases.
- It aids type 2 diabetic patients and helps controlling diabetes due to its low carb content and high fiber.
- Green apples promote gut bacteria and hence it reduces stomach issues and may even prevent stomach ulcers.
- Apple skin contains flavonoid; a substance which helps with asthma.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it helps in preventing cancer.
- It is great for your bone health and gums. Green apple increases bone density and helps in reducing the loss of calcium from the body.
- Very effective and healthy fruits for pregnant woman too.
The best way to get all the necessary benefits of green apples is to eat it raw with its skin before launch and dinner.
Make it a habit to include fresh fruits and salads in your daily routine for good health. Green apple nutrition is simply the best because there are some nutrients that we get more from green apples; than from the red ones.