So, this homemade ginger ale; takes a few minutes to prepare and it’s worth your time! I don’t know about you but for me; I love everything that is homemade and handmade, and I truly go by the saying; ‘happiness is homemade’.
The flavor, the rawness, and the tangy taste of ginger ale is just heaven to me. I love homemade fruits ale; they are so healthy and tasty and even though ginger is not a fruit, yet; its ale is so good!
It is one of the easiest drink to make at home with so little effort; besides the ingredients are easily available.
There are like a thousand ways to make ginger ale, but we will start with the basics and simple ones. The ones that I enjoy making because I like the outcome and the taste. It’s fresh and healthy.
This page may contain affiliates links. See disclosure page.
Homemade ginger ale recipe
Get yourself ready first with all the things needed.
Method 1: With soda water
This is the fastest and easiest way to homemade ginger ale.
- 1 cup grated raw ginger and two cups water; depends on the amount you are planning to make. (For every one cup of chopped or grated ginger; add two cups of water)
- 1 cup lemon juice (Buy here)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 cups Club Soda or carbonated water (Get it here)
How to make:
Before making the ale we need to make the ginger syrup first.
- Add 1 cup freshly grated ginger and 2 cups water in a pan and heat it slowly till it boils for a few minutes.
- Remove it from heat and let it stand for 10 minutes. Cover the lid of the pan.
- After 10 minutes drain the ginger water and boil it again.
- Now add 1 cup honey or sugar and let it simmer for about 10 minutes; while you stir the liquid well.
- Let it cool and pour the ginger syrup in a jar or a bottle; tightly covered.
- Refrigerate and can keep for weeks without spoil.
PS: You can use honey and pineapple instead of sugar
Instruction for ginger ale making:
- Take the ginger syrup and pour it in a 2-liter bottle.
- Add 1 cup lemon juice and 4 cups soda and shake well.
- Allow it to stand for a few minutes and your ginger ale is ready.
- Serve with ice.
Method 2: Without soda water
You’ll need yeast for making ginger ale without soda or carbonated water.
- 1 cup grated ginger and 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- A pinch of yeast
- A lemon
How to make:
- Put 1 cup grated ginger in a pot and add 2 cups of water along with 1/2 cup of sugar
- Simmer for 10-20 minutes until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Put aside and covered for half an hour. Drain the liquid and let it cool down by refrigerating for 1/2 an hour.
- Then take the liquid and pour it in a bigger size bottle of 2 liters.
- Add two pinch of yeast into the bottle along with 1 lemon juice and fill it with 6 cups of water.
- Allow it to ferment at room temperature for 48 hours until carbon dioxide gas comes out.
- Squeeze the excess air and refrigerate.
Tada! your homemade ginger ale is ready. Serve with ice.
Homemade ginger ale without sugar:
If you can’t have sugar in your diet due to health issues; then you can make ginger ale without sugar.
- Grated ginger
- A lemon
- Carbonate water
- Sugar-free to taste
How to make:
- Take two cups of grated ginger and squeeze its juice in a muslin cloth.
- In a bottle add a cup of lemon juice; 1/2 cup of carbonated water and the undiluted 3 tablespoons of ginger water.
- Mix the content well and add sugar-free for taste.
- Add ice cube and pepper and serve right away.
Benefits of Ginger ale:
Homemade ginger ale is a non-alcoholic drink that is rather beneficial for your health.
- It aids in digestion and motion sickness
- Soothes sore throat and cough
- Reduces belly fats
- It relieves stress, nausea, and abdominal pain
- Releases fatigue and makes your body feel light
This homemade ginger ale is tangy; sweet and delicious. If you find it a bit tangy and strong; then you can add water or ice. Hope you’ll enjoy making it as much as I do.