How can you use frankincense oil on face for your skin? Here’s a step by step kind for first time user.
Most women worried a lot about their skin as they age and so does my mom! I mean who doesn’t right?
And I know for sure, I will be the first one amongst my friends who would be so worried if I saw fine lines on my face; because time and again; I never want to grow Old! Never ever!
I wish there is a ‘Neverland’ in real life or maybe ‘Alladin magic lamp’ but yet again I would remind myself that I should perhaps accept the notion of growing old gracefully.
Still, I just don’t want to grow up! None the less; this is life’s cycle, a phase that we all have to go through.
However, thanks to the popularity of essentials oils and the goodness they bring to the skin. It’s good to have healthy beautiful skin; prevent wrinkles and look young if we can!
Here are a few things on how to use frankincense oil on the face; to prevent and reduce acne, scar, pigmentation, and wrinkles by 20% compared to average men and women who developed wrinkles at an early age!
This post contains affiliates’ links. See disclosure page.
Frankincense essential oil facts:
Like my mom, I am also obsessed with frankincense oil; more yet as compared to her, I used frankincense in my daily routine; in almost everything!
From bathing, to toning, then hair oiling to the home diffuser; my sister thought I’m going nuts!
Frankincense essential oil has been used since time immemorial. It is one of the best oil for skin and health benefits.
It is used for many skin issues like acne, scar, blemishes, pigmentation, wrinkles and skin dehydration.
Health wise it is used as a diffuser to cure anxiety; mood lifting and depression. Whereas for skin it in use for wrinkles, pigmentation, DIY facial cream, and skin dryness.
FRANKINCENSE SKIN FACTS:
- It is a powerful astringent; which means it helps protect skin cells.
- It reduces skin blemishes, pigmentation, wrinkles, stretch mark and reduces large skin pores too.
- It is obtained from mainly three tree species, that is; Boswellia Serrata [here], Boswellia carterii [here]and Boswellia sacra.
- Its chemical compositions are; acid resin, gum, 3-acetyl-beta, alpha-boswellic acid (Boswellia sacra, 4-O-methyl-glucuronic acid (Boswellia sacra), incensole acetate, and phellandrene.
How to use frankincense oil on the face for pigmentation
There are various types of frankincense oils but based on what I have used, my favorite frankincense is; the one made from Boswellia serrata and Boswellia carterii from these three brands.[Here]
- Frankincense is always used with a carrier oil. You can use coconut, jojoba and almond oils as a carrier oils.
- Do not use any essentials oils directly to the skin because it might cause irritations and rashes due to the presence of natural acids found in all essential oils.
- Take 3-4 drops of any carrier oil in a bowl and add one drop of frankincense oil in it. Mix the content well.
- With the help of a cotton ball, apply the oil on your face in a circular motion.
- Leave for 15-20 minutes allowing the oil to soak in your skin or you can leave it overnight.
- Do not apply anything on your face after this.
P.S: Frankincense oil is supposed to use only at night for best result. Try not to use it during the day.
How to use frankincense oil with a facial cream for blemishes
You can also use frankincense with a facial cream to reduce blemishes and dark spot.
HOW TO USE:
- In the evening, wash your face with cold water and pat dry.
- Take your facial cream and add 1 drop of frankincense oil in it. Mix well.
- Gently apply this to your face as usual and you’re off to go.
MUST HAVE FRANKINCENSE OIL FOR SKIN AND HEALTH
HOW MY MOM USE FRANKINCENSE WITH HONEY TO GET RID OF HER WRINKLES
- Take a tablespoon of honey and add 2 drops of frankincense in it.
- Mix it well and massage your face with this in a circular motion for about 3-5 minutes.
- Make sure you massage all the necessary parts like the forehead, the cheeks, under eyes and around the mouth.
- Cover every part of your face except the mouth.
- Leave for 20 minutes and wash off with cold water. Pat dry.
Note: Do not consume frankincense, it can be lethal.
Related Article: Anti-aging foods for younger looking skin
Frankincense for skin scar and stretch mark
Skin scar and stretch mark can be removed with the help of frankincense.
HOW TO USE:
- Take a few drops of carrier oil, Olive oil is recommended for scar and Coconut for stretch mark in a bowl; according to your needs, you can add more.
- Add 2-3 drops of frankincense oil, mix it well and apply on the affected area.
- Massage your scar and stretch marks with this for 15-20 minutes and let it dry.
- You can leave it overnight for best result
HOW TO USE FRANKINCENSE OIL ON FACE FOR ACNE
If your skin is acne prone, do not use any carrier oil on your skin because it will lead to more breakout and pimples.
Use this instead:
- Take fresh aloe vera gel and mash it.
- Add 1-2 drops of frankincense oil in it and apply this to your acne.
- Leave for 15 minutes and wash off with water.
Related search: Papaya for skin benefits
Frankincense facial cream and pain relief
Besides using frankincense oil on the face for various skin issue; you can also get a frankincense cream for smooth and clear skin.
Some people might not like using essentials oils directly on their skin and thus they can use these Frankincense lotions and cream for their skin; which have a similar effect like that of the oil.
Frankincense facial cream will give you a smooth and finishing touch on the skin. You do need a sunblock cream when you step out in the sun and it can be applied on top of this frankincense cream.
These are some of the best methods on how to use frankincense oil on face for any kind of skin issue and it is guaranteed that within a week of using the oil; your skin will look healthy and most of your blemishes and dark spots will disappear.