LAST UPDATED ON: 28 Nov 2018
Natural health is a method of self-care using natural therapy such as natural herbs, holistic healing or meditation.
It is a way of eliminating unhealthy habits, performing detoxification and cleanses it by restoring the natural vigour of the body.
[This page contains affiliates links which cost you nothing. Disclosure ]
Natural health is a reasonable and respectable approach to health because it is a natural healing practice which uses naturally available resources for healing any kind of diseases.
Many people have a misconception about natural health. They thought it’s similar to black magic or to some other kind of cultural or social beliefs but it is not.
Hence natural health is rather holistic because it promotes wellness with a natural solution. It combines traditional health care with that of the conventional method of treatment.
You may like: Women’s health care tips!. It’s informative and knowledgeable.
HISTORY OF NATURAL HEALTH CARE AND HEALING
The ideology and methods of natural health care and wellness or healing are based on vitalism and folk medicines rather than evidence-based medicines.
Natural health has many histories. It can be dated back to 2000 years ago where the use of natural healing is as old as the earth itself.
It was found in every region in the world but the method of using it is different from one region to the other.
But it has gain popularity in recent years with the advancement in science and technology.
Late in the 18th century, a man named Pizzorno set up a natural healing university in Seattle.
He saw the advancement at the beginning of the revolutionary and gain enormous popularity in the US.
Way back to more than 5000 years ago, the Chinese have already used this method and called it the Traditional Chinese Medicines.
In India, this method was used by sages and hakims in various parts of the country. It has many ways of healing but shares a common basic approach.
HOW IT IS USE?
It empowers an individual to look after his own health and healing through simple and inexpensive natural means.
A natural approach to health care is advice to a person either by using herbs or holistic healing.
For examples, if a person has kidney stones, he/she doesn’t need to conduct any surgery to remove the kidney stones but only with herbs, it can be breaking down into pieces.
Also, diseases like diabetes, jaundice, blood pressure, can be cured and heal using herbs or holistic healing.
It is the whole lifestyle approach to wellness that addresses every component in the body with proper diet and self-care.
This approach tries to identify the root caused of the symptoms and solve health concerns, restore balance and optimize health.
For an instance, if you are thirsty drinking instant energy drink is not good because it is an unnatural approach. Sugar drinks and soda are bad for health, hence drinking either plain water or fresh juice is recommended.
WHY IS NATURAL HEALTH SO POPULAR?
It is so popular because it eliminates bad habits and removes toxins from the body in a natural way and it brings in the good vibes and vibration throughout.
With the increase in the worries of present-day life has prompted an effect on physical and emotional well-being.
An ever-increasing number of individuals are changing to regular option and correlative techniques for mending the ways of life to enhance prosperity and assume the responsibility of their well being.
More and more people, especially in western countries, have adopted this approach of health and healing.
It is the alternative and complementary therapies which include acupressure, massages, detoxification and sometimes meditation.
It provides corrective habits through exercises, meditation, natural therapies and plant-based, nature-based experiences.
9 TOPMOST NATURAL HEALTH CARE AND WELLNESS METHODS
The advantage of this approach is the ability to avoid diseases and remove free radicals from the body which add more poise to the well being as a whole.
Let’s have a look at the most powerful herbs and diet for natural healing:
1. KOMBUCHA TEA
Kombucha tea is the Amazing Probiotic Tea that Cleanses, Heals, Energizes, and Detoxifies [you can get it here] the body at a higher level.
It is a fermented tea that has been used for thousands of years. Not only that it has many health benefits but it is also probiotic.
Rich in amino acids, vitamins and antioxidants, it helps fight several diseases. It is a plant-based product that enriches the whole system in the body.
- It cures prostrates cancer, lungs cancer, reduces liver toxicity and lowers the risk of heart diseases. Studies have shown that it can improve the LDL and HDL cholesterol levels in the body.
- Help in type 2 diabetes due to its insulin resistance properties.
- Kombucha tea is also known as the miracle fungus. You can use it as a detoxification drink to detox your body.
- Improves digestion, stimulate the immune systems, cure arthritis and boost your energy levels.
Mosto is a grape juice which we get by pressing the fruits. It is highly rich in antioxidants, flavonoids and Vitamin E.
Non-alcoholic, it can replace wine. Very good for health and acts as a natural healing agent for various purposes such as digestive disorder, pimples, heal wound faster and reduces the stress level in the body.
It is refreshing and very soothing.
- Decreases the risk of dementia, found in old age.
- Promotes cardiovascular health and heart-related issues.
- Prevent against the common cold, reduce gallstones and lower the chance of diabetes.
Native to Sri Lanka and South India but grown across the globe now, the plant stalk is a common ingredient in most households.
It has so many health benefits and the aroma it gives is just wonderful.
Commonly used in tea, soups and curries and it is the perfect remedy for natural health and healing.
Lemon Grass Essential Oil, pure and undiluted is largely used in beauty regime; as it reduces dry and itchy skin, prevent wrinkles formation and it would be great for your skin during winter.
Lemongrass oils have been used in pesticides and preservative, researchers found that it has antifungal properties.
BENEFITS IN NATURAL HEALTH AND HEALING
- Lemongrass tea fights free radicals, which prevent inflammation in the body due to the presence of anti-inflammation compounds such as chlorogenic acid, isoorientin, and swertiajaponin.
- Fights heartburn, gastrointestinal problems and relief body ache.
- Sipping hot tea lemongrass relieve anxiety and smelling it reduces stress because it’s aromatic aura enter the nerve cells and release stress.
- It lower cholesterols, promote oral health and boost the red blood cells.
4. THE CHAMELEON PLANT-HOUTTUYNIA CORDATA
Most people think this is a weed! But it can be used as a green salad and has many benefits. Its extract is one of the most expensive products but worth the try.
Houttuynia Cordata Ferment Soap [available here] is superb for your skin; it heals almost all kind of skin issues that you have especially fungus and bacterial infection on the body.
The soap reduces pimples and acne.
This herbaceous perennial plant with a heart shape leaf grows best in moist soil. It can be cultivated at home and it is one of the most loved greens salad in Shillong.
We used it in chutney making, fresh salads, its roots are as delicious as its leaves, it is so refreshing and very good for the skin and your RBC’s
- Amazing for clear skin as it helps blood circulation and removes toxins from the body. So it reduces the formation of pimples.
- Treat diabetes but you have to consume it for three weeks every day! Best is to have it raw as salads. It has no side effect.
- It is one of the best detoxification remedy, where you can blend and drink it as a green smoothie.
- Reduces weight, heal wound faster and can treat any infectious diseases because it has anti-bacterial properties.
- Used in treating herpes virus and anti-poisonous properties. It neutralizes any poisonous substances if the poison is not so strong.
- It is very good for pneumonia patients and those with lungs problems and SARS (Severe acute respiratory syndrome)
- Helps in dysentry and muscles pain too. The roots reduce muscles pain.
Thymol, a naturally occurring compound found in thyme is known to have antibacterial and insecticidal effects.
It is said that pouring hot water to thyme and inhales it steam release mental stress and headache.
The property is so strong that it can even repel mosquitoes.
- Reduce high blood pressure and hypertension.
- It prevents colon cancer, breast cancer and yeast infection.
- Soothes skin problems and minor cuts.
- Boil it with hot water or put few thyme leaves in your bathtub and use this for bathing to heal any minor ailments in the body as well as to lift your spirit and mental health to that natural healing effect that comes from thyme leaves.
6. HOLISTIC METHOD
Holistic healing or method also falls under the natural approach, where the body, mind and soul are taken into consideration for optimal health and wellness.
This method does not depend solely on organic medications but it looks into a person’s perspective and how the diseases caused.
For example, if you have a headache, a holistic doctor will look into your personal perspective and find out the main root of your headache.
He/ she will examine whether your headache is caused due to tension or lack of sleep or some other issues that bring out a headache as an outcome.
So, in this way, they will treat it accordingly.
Its belief that giving unconditional love and emotional support to a person is the most powerful healer techniques.
Massage therapy, meditation and acupuncture also include in this method. These are the complementary care in the holistic method.
Acupuncture is a kind of treatment which uses needles or some pointed stick through a person’s skin at some point in the body.
It reduces pain and many discomforts in the body simply by pressing on some body parts which are associated with different organs in the body.
You can practice acupuncture at home every day before meal using ready-made acupuncture stick which is available in the market.
Books on acupuncture will help you to practice this method with ease at home. They have certain point for certain disease.
Acupuncture is related to neuroscience or neurology since it deals with the nerve connecting with the tissue in the body to produce stimulation.
Meditation is an old age practice to achieve mental and emotional peace. With this, it brings backs the physical harmonies in the body.
It has been used as a religious practice by saint and sages with many techniques and different approach.
But now meditation is a worldwide open practice to maintain good health and equilibrium.
The techniques of meditation are vast, from physical posture to prayer beads but whatever techniques you are following, the outcome is wonderful if you follow it as a daily routine to bring harmony to your hearts and home.
Meditation is a skill that you do not learn in a day or two but needs the patience to focus on the moment so that it can bring you to that state of mindfulness.
9. FREE WILL – THE PHILOSOPHY TO NATURAL HEALTH CARE & WELLNESS
The ideology of free will has been interpreted in so many ways that some people take it in a wrong manner.
But the fundamental belief in free will make the human psyche a central part of natural health.
Free will comes from the knowledge of making the right choice in our daily habits.
The idea of choosing good over bad is something that the conscious mind took the responsibility.
This responsibility will in return bring us the mental and physical health that we are longing to have.
Choosing a free will needs a strong determination within oneself.
Eliminating all the bad habits for maintaining good health, stems from our free will and determination to make it work.
Free will is also associated with the knowledge and intellectual that you have.
With proper knowledge and understanding of the facts around us, help build a positive will and a healthy outlook towards life and those around us.
Whatever method you are using to attain optimum health, natural health and healing is a way to go.
WHY YOU SHOULD USE NATURAL HEALTH?
- It is cost effective
- It brings mental and physical healing
- Remove toxic chemicals from your body naturally with just herbs and holistic methods.
- Enhance mental wellness habits
- Protect the environment as it is eco-friendly.