Natural wellness: Updated 22nd June 2019
Ever since I was a little girl; I was obsessed with natural herbs and healing. No wonder, up till this very day; I would keep on looking for a natural remedy every time when I’m sick.
Herbs find their way through my veins! I hardly take medicines! Minor illness like flu, headache, fever; cold and cough and even arthritis!; are all heal and prevent with herbs; which I lovingly called ‘my kitchen remedies’.
Today I’m sharing with you; the natural wellness herbs used for healing common diseases.
Natural health and wellness is a method of self-care; using natural therapy such as natural herbs, holistic healing or even meditation.
It is a way of eliminating unhealthy habits; performing detoxification and cleanses it; by restoring the natural vigor of the body.
[This page contains affiliates links which cost you nothing. Disclosure ]
Many people have a misconception about natural wellness. They thought it is something that cannot be done or something that takes times to heal.
But, the truth is; if done correctly it is the quickest road to being healthy. Hence, natural wellness is rather holistic because it promotes health with a positive solution.
NATURAL WELLNESS HERBS & HEALING
The ideology and methods of natural health and wellness; are based on vitalism and folk medicines rather than evidence-based medicines.
It can be dated back to 2000 years ago where the use of natural healing is as old as the earth itself. It was found in every region in the world, but the method of using it is different from one region to the other.
HOW IT IS USE?
The use of herbs for healing purposes is old; however with the evolution of Allopathy; the historic of medicines changes.
Natural wellness uses many approaches which look at the entire human being as a whole. It empowers an individual to look after his own health and healing through simple and inexpensive natural means.
A natural approach to health care; is advice to a person either by using herbs or holistic healing. For examples, if a person has kidney stones; he/she doesn’t need to conduct any surgery to remove the kidney stones but only with herbs; it can be breaking down into pieces.
Also, diseases like diabetes, jaundice, blood pressure; can be cured and heal using herbs and holistic healing. It is the whole lifestyle approach to wellness; that addresses every component in the body with proper diet and self-care.
This approach tries to identify the root caused of the symptoms and solve health concerns; restore balance and optimize health.
For instance, if you are thirsty; drinking an instant energy drink; is not the solution, because it is an unnatural approach. Sugar drinks and soda are bad for health; hence drinking either plain water or fresh juice is recommended.
TOPMOST NATURAL HERBS & HEALING CARE
The advantage of this approach is the ability to avoid diseases and remove free radicals; from the body which add more poise to the well being as a whole.
Let’s have a look at the most powerful herbs and diet for natural wellness:
1. KOMBUCHA TEA
Kombucha tea is a herb; with Amazing Probiotic Tea that Cleanses, Heals; Energizes and Detoxifies the body at a higher level.
It is a fermented tea that has been used for thousands of years. Not only that it has many health benefits but it is also probiotic.
Rich in amino acids, vitamins, and antioxidants, it helps fight several diseases. It is a plant-based product that enriches the whole system in the body.
- It cures prostrates cancer, lungs cancer, reduces liver toxicity and lowers the risk of heart diseases. Studies have shown that it can improve the LDL and HDL cholesterol levels in the body.
- Help in type 2 diabetes due to its insulin resistance properties.
- Kombucha tea is also known as the miracle fungus. You can use it as a detoxification drink to detox your body.
- Improves digestion, stimulate the immune systems, cure arthritis and boost your energy levels.
Mosto is a grape juice which we get by pressing the fruits. It is highly rich in antioxidants; flavonoids and Vitamin E.
Non-alcoholic, it can replace wine. Very good for health and acts as a natural healing agent for various purposes such as digestive disorder, pimples; heal the wound faster and reduces the stress level in the body.
It is refreshing and very soothing.
- Decreases the risk of dementia, found in old age.
- Promotes cardiovascular health and heart-related issues.
- Prevent against the common cold, reduce gallstones and lower the chance of diabetes.
Native to Sri Lanka and South India but grown across the globe now, the plant stalk is a common ingredient in most households.
Lemongrass is largely used as a culinary herb in Asain cuisine and as a medicinal herb in India. It has so many health benefits and the aroma it gives is just wonderful.
Commonly used in tea, soups, and curries and it is the perfect remedy for natural health and healing.
Lemongrass oils have been used in pesticides and preservative, researchers found that it has antifungal properties.
BENEFITS IN NATURAL HEALTH AND HEALING
- Lemongrass tea fights free radicals, which prevent inflammation in the body due to the presence of anti-inflammation compounds such as chlorogenic acid, isoorientin, and swertiajaponin.
- Fights heartburn, gastrointestinal problems, and relief body ache.
- Sipping hot tea lemongrass relieve anxiety and smelling it reduces stress because it’s aromatic aura enters the nerve cells and release stress.
- It lower cholesterols, promote oral health and boost the red blood cells.
4. THE CHAMELEON PLANT-HOUTTUYNIA CORDATA
Most people think this is a weed! But it can be used as a green salad and has many benefits. Its extract is one of the most expensive products but worth the try.
Houttuynia Cordata Ferment Soap is superb for your skin; it heals almost all kind of skin issues that you have especially fungus and bacterial infection on the body.
The soap reduces pimples and acne. This herbaceous perennial plant with a heart shape leaf grows best in moist soil. It can be cultivated at home and it is one of the most loved greens salad in Shillong.
We used it in chutney making, fresh salads, its roots are as delicious as its leaves, it is so refreshing and very good for the skin and your RBC’s
- Amazing for clear skin as it helps blood circulation and removes toxins from the body. So it reduces the formation of pimples.
- Treat diabetes but you have to consume it for three weeks every day! Best is to have it raw as salads. It has no side effect.
- It is one of the best detoxification remedy, where you can blend and drink it as a green smoothie.
- Reduces weight, heal wound faster and can treat any infectious diseases because it has anti-bacterial properties.
- Used in treating herpes virus and anti-poisonous properties. It neutralizes any poisonous substances if the poison is not so strong.
- It is very good for pneumonia patients and those with lungs problems and SARS (Severe acute respiratory syndrome)
- Helps in dysentry and muscles pain too. The roots reduce muscles pain.
Thymol, a naturally occurring compound found in thyme is known to have antibacterial and insecticidal effects.
It is said that pouring hot water to thyme and inhales it steam release mental stress and headache.
The property is so strong that it can even repel mosquitoes.
- Reduce high blood pressure and hypertension.
- It prevents colon cancer, breast cancer, and yeast infection.
- Soothes skin problems and minor cuts.
- Boil it with hot water or put few thyme leaves in your bathtub and use this for bathing to heal any minor ailments in the body as well as to lift your spirit and mental health to that natural healing effect that comes from thyme leaves.
6. HOLISTIC METHOD
Holistic healing or method also falls under the natural approach; where the body, mind, and soul are taken into consideration for optimal health and wellness.
This method does not depend solely on organic medications but it looks into a person’s perspective and how the diseases caused.
For example, if you have a headache, a holistic doctor will look into your personal perspective and find out the main root of your headache.
He/ she will examine whether your headache is caused due to tension or lack of sleep or some other issues that bring out a headache as an outcome.
So, in this way, they will treat it accordingly. Its belief that giving unconditional love and emotional support to a person is the most powerful healer techniques.
Massage therapy, meditation, and acupuncture also include in this method. These are complementary care in the holistic method.
Acupuncture is a kind of treatment which uses needles or some pointed stick; through a person’s skin at some point in the body.
It reduces pain and many discomforts in the body; simply by pressing on some body parts which are associated with different organs in the body.
You can practice acupuncture at home every day before meal using ready-made acupuncture stick which is available in the market.
Books on acupuncture will help you to practice this method with ease at home. They have a certain point for certain disease.
Acupuncture is related to neuroscience or neurology since it deals with the nerve connecting with the tissue in the body to produce stimulation.
Meditation is an old age practice to achieve mental and emotional peace. With this, it brings backs the physical harmonies in the body.
It has been used as a religious practice by saint and sages with many techniques and different approach. But now meditation is a worldwide open practice to maintain good health and equilibrium.
The techniques of meditation are vast, from physical posture to prayer beads but whatever techniques you are following; the outcome is wonderful if you follow it as a daily routine to bring harmony to your hearts and home.
Meditation is a skill that you do not learn in a day or two but needs the patience to focus on the moment; so that it can bring you to that state of mindfulness.
9. FREE WILL – THE PHILOSOPHY TO NATURAL HEALTH CARE & WELLNESS
The ideology of free will has been interpreted in so many ways; that some people take it in a wrong manner. But the fundamental belief in free will; make the human psyche a central part of natural health.
Free will comes from the knowledge of making the right choice in our daily habits. The idea of choosing good over bad is something that the conscious mind took responsibility.
This responsibility will in return bring us the mental and physical health that we are longing to have. Choosing a free will needs a strong determination within oneself.
Eliminating all the bad habits for maintaining good health; stems from our free will and determination to make it work.
Free will is also associated with the knowledge and intellectual that you have.
With proper knowledge and understanding of the facts around us; help build a positive will and a healthy outlook towards life and those around us.
Whatever method you are using to attain optimum health, natural health and healing is a way to go.
WHY YOU SHOULD USE NATURAL HERBS & HEALING?
- It is cost effective
- It brings mental and physical healing
- Remove toxic chemicals from your body naturally with just herbs and holistic methods.
- Enhance mental wellness habits
- Protect the environment as it is eco-friendly.
Natural wellness using herbs and holistic care; is one of the most sorts after healing in our day to day life. Wishing you good health and prosperity through natural healing.