Organic skin care: Updated: 18th April 2019
The word organic means; fresh from the farm, without any pesticides or synthetic fertilisers. In short, we can think of organic as something that comes directly from nature (raw) and not man-made.
Hence, organic skin care might as well be like that; however, it might have a slightly different meaning because we can’t create skin care that is 100% organic but we can make it 99% naturals!
[This page contains affiliate’s links which cost you nothing. Disclosure ]
Why organic skin care is the best?
Because it has no harmful chemicals; no acids, they are purely plant-based products with less synthetic compounds.
Plus, having a healthy glowing skin is a sign of good health and it reflects mostly on the foods that we eat. Our cells and tissues in the body are constantly growing with each passing day.
They need all the required nutrients and minerals for full fledge metabolism. Thus, people are having a clear understanding now that organic food is a must!
Even celebrities are into organic and plant-based products these days. Why? because it is just simply the BEST! especially for long term beautiful skin.
So, having organic foods is a great way to achieve flawless skin and at the same time; battles the effects of pollution, stress and other factors that toll our skin.
Before we see the various ways of how to take care of our skin, the organic way; let us understand in brief about the importance of our skin as part of our bodily functions.
Our skin: The protecting layer
Our skin is one of the most delicate parts of the body; even though it is made up of tough and stretchy matter; but it can be super sensitive to many external factors.
We all know that the skin is made up of two layers; the Dermis and the Epidermis.
The epidermis formed the outer covering of the skin; which bears all the harsh conditions of the external world; while the dermis is the lower layer form just beneath the epidermis; which contain tough connective tissue.
The main function of the epidermis is to protect the body from environmental barriers such as heat and cold sensation; control of evaporation, water resistance and protect from direct entry of dirt and dust particles into the tissues.
Without the skin, our tissues would be exposed directly into the harsh environment.
Can you ever imagine; what will happen to our body without the skin? It forms the largest connective tissue of the body; which needs proper care in return.
People with sensitive skin; need to give some extra love for their skin because it might lead to irritation; rashes; skin diseases and some other issues.
The face especially is the most target of all skin tissue; since it is exposed directly to the environment for almost 24 hours.
Related search: Body scrub benefits for flawless skin
ORGANIC SKIN CARE FOR MEN AND WOMEN
Organic skin care means, taking care of your skin the natural way, using either organic products from home or plant-based products.
These beauty homemade products which you made it yourself or buy it from a shop is authentic. They are easy to follow with simple homemade ingredients directly from our kitchen.
Our kitchen is the storeroom of beauty hacks. It acts as a remedy storehouse, where we can get all the necessities needed.
# STEP 1: DAILY ROUTINE
- First thing in the morning is to wash the face gently with cold water. Do not use a cleanser. Used scrub if needed. This will help to exfoliate the skin.
- Glycerin soap like pears is very good for cleansing your face in the morning.
- After washing with glycerin soap and water, tone the skin with grind cucumber, using cotton.
- Cucumber is the best skin toner.
- Leave the cucumber for few minutes and pad dry.
- Apply a moisturizer such as; coconut oil or a mild facial cream, to prevent the skin from dryness.
- Used herbal sunscreen while going outdoors to prevent harmful radiation from the sun.
- Used minimal makeup as much as possible.
- Remove all makeup and creams using rose water and cotton. Wash the face thoroughly with lukewarm water and pad dry.
- Apply olive oil for night time moisturizer. Do not use any cream.
- It is best to use only olive oil at night because it softens the skin in the morning and prevents wrinkles too.
- If you have oily skin, do not apply olive oil at night. Wash your face with rose water only before going to bed and apply nothing!!
Caring for your skin daily every morning and evening for 5-10 minutes will help keep the skin in perfect condition.
# STEP 2: BANANA FACE MASK AS AN ORGANIC SKIN CARE
Banana is very good for tightening the skin and skin pores. It prevents wrinkles and makes the skin look young and smooth.
Banana has many properties to make your skin clear.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Take a freshly peeled banana and make a paste.
- Apply this paste directly to your face.
- Leave for 20 Minutes and wash with water.
- You can also use banana skin!
- After eating a banana, don’t throw the banana peel. This too can be used. Simply rub the banana peel on your face and leave for few minutes, till its dry, then wash with water.
- Banana peel is as good as it’s fruit for keeping the skin tight, clear and healthy.
# STEP 3: MANGO FACE MASK
Mango has many properties in making the skin glow and helps remove impurities caused by pollution.
It is a low-calorie fruit that is high in fibre, vitamin A, C and B6. It contains folate, iron and zinc which helps digestions and aids weight loss.
Due to the presence of phytochemicals in mangoes; it promotes clear skin. From my experience; this is by far one of the most effective remedies for clear and supple skin.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Take a ripe mango and make a paste. Do not add anything to the paste.
- Apply the mango paste on the face directly and leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash with water and pad dry.
- Do this twice a week either in the morning or evening.
- After a few days, your friends will notice the positive change in your face.
Apply mango paste regularly and your skin will begin to glow and radiate.
# STEP 4: PAPAYA & AVOCADO FACE MASK with LEMON
We all know that papaya is good for reducing wrinkles but avocado is amazing for pores tightening and puffy eyes.
Papaya, avocado and lemon are rich in various vitamins and nutrients, that help in promoting gorgeous looking skin.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A slice of papaya, a slice of avocado and 4-5 drops of lemon juice.
- Mix all three ingredients together in a blender till a smooth paste is formed.
- Apply this to your face and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, wash if of with cold water.
This method can be used once or twice a week depends on your needs. It is great to pamper your skin every weekend with these natural fresh fruits.
# STEP 5: A HEALTHY DIET
A healthy diet is another step for organic skin care. No proper diet means; no health no beauty! A healthy diet is essential for good healthy skin.
WHAT TO HAVE TO DO:
- Eat a healthy diet every day to get rid of skin blemishes, pimples or adult acne.
- Drink lots of water to help purify the skin.
- Includes greens and fruits in every lunch.
- As much as you can, avoid having too much junk food. Skin needs nourishment inside out, not the other way round.
- Avoid pollution by cover your face with a scarf.
- Do not stress yourself out too. Don’t let worries and tension bother you.
- Just put them behind your thoughts and it will be fine.
# STEP 6: HOW TO CARE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN?
If you have sensitive skin, you have to put etc care for your skin. The above remedies may or may not work for sensitive skin.
A sensitive skin, is a skin that is either too dry or too prone to outbreaks such as acne, pimples, rashes, skin erosion as well as have the tendency to skin flushing.
Long exposure to the sun or wind may lead to dryness and rashes of sensitive skin, which causes the skin to react faster than those of normal skin. Factors such as genetics may also hold a key to skin sensitivity.
Sensitive skin reacts faster to sunlight, wind, used of chemical creams products, excessive make -up and dehydration. Sensitivity varies from one individual to another.
Taking care of sensitive skin needs patience but once you master the art, its pretty simple actually.
HERE ARE FEW DIY SKINCARE TIPS FOR SENSITIVE SKIN:
- Drink lemon or lime water in the morning daily to combat the damage of free radicals formation on the skin.
- Lemon reduce body toxic and prevent acne and pimples formation.
- In addition to lemon water, drink plenty of water during the day to avoid dehydration.
- Moisturize the skin with coconut oil as it penetrates deeply into the pores and protects the skin from sun damage.
- Cleanse the face with milk. Raw milk has an anti-inflammatory and soothing effect on the skin. Its help reduces dark spot and blemishes. Raw milk cleansing can be used for all skin types.
- Wash your face every evening with rose water using cotton balls or you can just add 5-10 drops of rose water in a litre of plain water and wash your face with this.
- Exfoliate your face once a week with a mild scrubber.
Organic skin care or DIY skincare as we called it, is natural and plant-based care with no harmless ingredients. It has been the mainstream beauty regimen in today’s modern societies. More and more youths are into organic skin care because of the positive vibes it gives.