Papaya is lovingly called as papaw is native to Southern Mexico and Central America. It has many skin benefits besides health.
It is one of the most popular fruits in the tropicals and now widely grown across the globe. To begin with; in addition to its popularity; papaya is extensively used in skin care more than it is used for health.
This is because of the fact that papaya is rich in anti-oxidants; Vitamin A, E and C; the core vitamins for flawless skin.
This page includes affiliates’ links. See disclosure page.
How to use Papaya for skin benefits
There is like a hundred ways to used papaya for your skin but here are the simple tips and tricks; to get started with your amazing day.
Tip #1 Scrubbing: Make a papaya scrub
Requirements: Ripe organic papaya, solidify honey; 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice, essentials oil and preservatives.
- Take a small size ripe papaya and mash it.
- Mix 1/2 cup of solidifying honey with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to the mashed papaya.
- Mix all three ingredients well and keep it aside.
- Now take 2-3 drops of essentials oils [Buy here] and add it to the mixture.
- Then add 1 gram of preservative [Get it here] to 100 gram of the ingredients.
Note: So, if you are using 50 gram of the total ingredients; then add 0.5 gram of preservative. [ I hope this make sense, you need to calculate it based on the amount you’re using]
These oils are fantastic for the skin and make it flawless!
Essentials oil and preservatives should be used; only if you are planning to use the scrub for a couple of weeks or maybe even for a month.
This will prevent spoilage of homemade scrub by microbes especially if the scrub contains water! Using papaya for skin benefits comes with all its needs and necessity.
Tip #2 Cleansing with a papaya scrub
- Cleanse your face with this papaya scrub, gently scrubbing your face in an upward manner; or if you are too busy to make your own scrub; you can get this scrub over here, which is as good as a homemade.
- After scrubbing, wash your face with lukewarm water and pad dry.
Tip #3 Moisturising
After scrubbing and cleansing, moisturising is the utmost importance for the skin. Use a simple moisturiser cream that suits your skin or this papaya facial cream for uplifting your skin with this papaya mantra.
How to use Papaya for Clear and Spotless skin
In order to obtain a clear and spotless skin; follow the following procedure:
Method 1: Green papaya with honey and lime
Requirements: 1/4 fresh green organic papaya, 1/6 ripe papaya, 1 tablespoon honey and 1 teaspoon lime juice
How to Use:
- Grind 1/4 green papaya and 1/6 portion of ripe papaya until a smooth paste is formed.
- To the thick paste add 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of lime juice.
- Mixed all ingredients well. Now apply this thick paste to your face and leave for 15 minutes.
Wash your face with cold water and pat dry. This papaya face pack should be done at night. Do not apply anything after this.
Note: Green papaya should be more in quantity than the ripe papaya.
Usage: 2-3 times a week
Method 2: Ripe papaya with kumkumadi oil and rice flour
Requirements: 1/4 ripe papaya, 2-3 drops kumkumadi oil, 2 teaspoons of rice flour
How to use:
- Take 1/4 ripe papaya and mash it.
- To the mashed papaya add 2-3 drops of kumkumadi oil along with 2 teaspoons of rice flour.
- Mix well and apply this pack to your face. Leave for 15 minutes and wash with cold water.
Usage: Twice a week or depends on your needs
Papaya for skin benefits: Reduce Pigmentation
Yes, you can use papaya for pigmentation, dark spots, blackheads and blemishes. It has a chemical substance called papain, henceforth it reduces skin inflammation and sunburnt; thus lower the formation of skin pigmentation and blemishes.
It also helps in reducing acne and pimples swelling because of the rich constituents of papain in papaya.
How to use papaya for skin pigmentation:
1/4 ripe papaya, Organic honey, 1/2 teaspoon of lime, Rosewater [Here]
- Mash 1/4 of ripe papaya and add 1 teaspoon of organic honey and 1/2 teaspoon of lime.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Apply this on your face and leave for 20 minutes. Wash off with water and pat dry.
- Then with the help of a cotton ball; apply rosewater to your face and let it dry.
Rosewater acts as a toner and a moisturizer to the skin; making it clear and even.
Usage: Every day till your pigments disappear.
How to make a papaya face mask
1. With ripe papaya – for skin ageing and lighten skin:
1/4 Ripe papaya, 1/4 cucumber and 1/2 banana
- Mash and Blend all three ingredients in a blender to form a smooth paste
- Apply this paste to your face and let it soak into your skin for 15 minutes.
- When the mask is dry; wash your face with water and pat dry with a clean towel.
2. Ripe papaya with egg whites:
While using papaya for skin benefits; this face mask is simple and great for your skin. All you need is ripe papaya with egg white.
Just mash ripe papaya according to your needs and add 1 teaspoon of egg white in it. Now apply this mask on your face and let it dry for 15-20 minutes.
Wash it off with cold water, pat dry and you’re good to go.
Q’s and A’s related to skin benefits:
1. Does papaya whiten skin?
Yes, papaya has the ability to lighten your skin tone due to the presence of vitamin C and antioxidants.
2. Is papaya good for glowing skin?
Indeed it is! With vitamin E as one of its core vitamins; papaya will give you a glowing skin.
3. How long can you store papaya face mask?
A day or two without preservatives and up to three months with preservatives added and also based on the procedure you are using. The less water content the more it will last long.
4. How to use papaya for skin whitening?
Just make a papaya puree mix with 1 teaspoon of lime juice and apply this to your skin. Vitamin C help enhances skin whitening and reduces dark spot.
Used papaya for skin benefits regularly; just like you would do as a facial massage and in no time your skin will be spotless and clear.