When it comes to pigmentation removal; home remedies are the BEST! Home remedies for pigmentation are many but here; I will discuss only those that work immediately.
There are dark spot facial cream and anti-pigmentation cream available plenty in the market but; the most alluring ways is the natural and homemade remedies.
For pigmentation; I strongly prefer organic homemade remedies because what I found is; the more you used those anti-pigmentation facial creams; the more your pigments will develop.
This is all based on my own personal experience and of course; not all cosmetics are the same! but still; I don’t recommend using them.
Well; here my short story. I had a few dark spots on the right side of my cheek and I started panicking! and the more I look in the mirror; the more I see and I go;
‘Omg, is this real?; what happens to my skin?; am I getting old?; is this the sign of ageing?
Thousand of unanswered questions on my mind and I started to look for a remedy. Then; a distant relative recommended me to use the cream she’s using. At first, it works! My skin looks flawless and I was very happy. Then slowly; after a few weeks; I notice my skin began to change in colour and therefore my close friends notice it too.
‘What happens to your skin?’ My best friend asked me one day.
I said; ‘Why? I use another cream now for a few months; there’s no dark spot right?’ I asked backed
‘Nope;’ she said, ‘What I’m seeing is just the opposite’
It is then that I realised the basic truth of all!! Hence, I would say again; that when it comes to pigmentation; I strongly, recommend home-based ingredient or Oragnic|Natural Remedies.
What causes skin pigmentation on face anyway
Skin pigmentation is caused by various factors. To name a few; it is caused by hormonal changes; sunburnt; diseases; and skin inflammation.
Usually; pigmentation will start from a small dark spot and blemishes before it takes form.
It is a condition in which the patches of the skin turn darker than the natural skin tone; making the skin look dull in appearance.
When pigmentation formed, the skin loses its glow. This happens when Melanin – a dark skin pigment increases its formation on the skin due to hormonal change in the body and longer exposure to the sun.
Below are the most effective methods on how to remove pigmentation without using cosmetic.
Related: Causes of pigmentation
19 Home remedies for pigmentation
1. MILK: The perfect home remedies for pigmentation
It is my all time favourite and the result is quick. It’s almost overnight!
With just two days of using it; my skin begins to glow and pigmentation reduces right there and then.
Milk is rich in vitamin B; a source which helps in reducing the formation of dark pigment on the skin. If your pigmentation is not strong; you will see the changes immediately.
Cleansing your skin every night with raw milk will greatly reduce skin pigmentation.
- Take 3 tablespoons of raw milk in a bowl.
- Take a cotton ball and dampen the cotton in the milk.
- Rub it on your face for a few minutes.
- Leave for 40 minutes to 1 hour for the best result.
- Rinse your face with cold water and pad dry.
- Remember to use only raw milk. Do not use boil milk. Raw milk is the best for skin treatment.
Every evening for 3-5 days; but if you have hyperpigmentation; used it every day for a month; mix together with egg whites!
2. TOMATOES WITH TURMERIC: The second best home remedies for pigmentation
Tomatoes are, a rich source of anti-oxidants and like milk; they have a great potential to reduce pigmentation.
In combination with turmeric; another great ingredient for lightening the skin; thus, the two formed a perfect combination with each other.
HOW TO USED:
- Take a fresh ripe tomato and cut it into halve.
- Take some turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Now dip the half cut tomato in turmeric powder.
- Rub this tomato on your skin in a circular motion.
- While rubbing gently squeeze the tomato so that its juice will come out.
- Leave for 30 minutes and wash with cold water.
Depend on the quantity of your pigmentation; you can use it for a few days to a couple of weeks!
3. HONEY WITH LIME JUICE
A combination of honey and lime juice is just as smooth as anything else. This two blend so well with one another and the smoothness it gives to your skin is just great.
Honey a natural moisturiser; provides moisture content that the skin needs and lime gives you that light feeling; which penetrates deep into the skin.
HOW TO USED:
- Take a tablespoon of honey in a bowl.
- Squeeze a few drops of lime or lemon juice to it.
- Mixed the two ingredients well and apply it on your face in a circular motion for 5-10 minutes.
- Leave for 20 minutes allowing the mixture to penetrates deep under the skin.
- Wash your face with cold water and pad dry.
Do this thrice a week either in the morning or evening and your pigmentation will gradually disappear.
Apply a little bit of coconut oil after pad dry.
4. Home remedies for pigmentation with Sandalwood face pack
Sandalwood is not only good for pigmentation but also prevents and heals wrinkles.
It is a blood purifier and after using it for a week; your skin will have that youthful appearance and glow.
HOW TO USED:
- Take 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder and mix it with rose water to form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste on your face and let it dry.
- Leave it for about 20-30 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
A sandalwood face mask can be used twice a week for best result.
5. With POTATOES another fast & quick home remedies for pigmentation
Potatoes have an enzyme known as catecholase, which helps inhibit the production of excess melanin.
It also removes pimples scars, blackheads and uneven skin tone.
HOW TO USED:
- Take a potato and grated it.
- Apply the grated potato all over the face and let it dry.
- When the potato is dry, wash it off with cold water.
Twice a week, until your pigmentation is reduced. If you have mild pigmentation; you will notice the changes immediately; right after you’re done.
6. EGG WHITES WITH LEMON JUICE
Eggwhite is rich in collagen which prevents wrinkles. Lime or lemon juice on the other hand act as a bleach which removes excess melanin from the skin.
HOW TO USED:
- Take an egg white and beat it till its frothy.
- Add a few drops of lime or lemon juice to it and mix well.
- Apply this to your face and leave it till its dry.
- Wash off with cold water.
Once or twice a week depending on the kind of pigmentation you have.
7. Mango with honey: The best treatment for pigmentation on face
Mango has antioxidants which remove pigmentation; blemishes and dark spot.
HOW TO USED:
- Take a slice of mango and mash it until a thick paste is formed.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of honey to the paste and mix well.
- Apply the paste to your face and leave for 15 minutes.
- Wash with cold water and pad dry.
Once or twice a week
8. Yoghurt with lime
Just like milk, Yoghurt is a strong agent for skin pigments removal and it is one of the awesome home remedies for pigmentation too.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Yoghurt and lime juice.
- Take a teaspoon of yoghurt and mix it well with a few drops of lime juice.
- Apply the paste to the affected area and let it dry.
- when dry; wash it off with cold water.
Twice a week for a month!
9. USED ORGANIC SUNSCREEN as home remedies for pigmentation
One of the great ways to protect yourself from pigmentation is to use the right sunscreen; because most pigmentation occurs; due to sun exposure hence, it is recommended that you should protect yourself with a sunscreen every time you step out of the sun.
If you are not sure of what kind of sunscreen to use for your skin; you can make your own sunscreen at home with simple ingredients.
You can adopt for organic sunscreen or plant-based sunscreen products with at least 15-30 SPF and especially in the summer; go for 50 SPF; if you live in hot weather.
SUNSCREEN is a must! to protect your skin from sun exposure which leads to skin pigmentation.
Herbal Sunscreen Products you may like:
TYPES OF PIGMENTATION
Pigmentation is of various types. They are;
They are caused either by genetic factors or due to longer exposure to the sun.
Sometimes freckles might convert to pigmentation if you keep on exposing to the sun without any protection.
It is caused by sunburnt and overexposure to the sun.
They are darker and more irregular as compared to freckles.
People with fair skin are more prone to sunspot. They are formed on the cheeks and cheeks bone as well as on the nose.
Sunspots can be prevented and heal by applying coconut oil and sunscreen.
This kind of pigmentation is characterised by butterfly- shape like appearance.
It is more prevalent among people with darker skin tone. It is also very common during pregnancy due to hormonal changes occur in the body.
This is like the first stage of pigmentation, so the moment you notice this, act quick!
4. POST-ACNE PIGMENTATION
It develops from post acne wounds or from squeezing of pimples.
The marks maybe reddish-brown in colour due to broken of blood capillaries or much darker spots due to excessive production of melanin.
Sometimes this kind of pigmentation is also caused due to wrong used of cosmetics.
5. HYPER-PIGMENTATION/POST INFLAMMATORY PIGMENTATION
It is caused due to excessive exposure to the sun without using any protection like sunscreen.
Hyperpigmentation may also cause due to inflammatory skin injury leading to a large amount of melanin production, that the colour of the skin turns into dark brown or black.
Hyper-pigmentation takes a longer time to heal. It maybe Epidermal (at the surface level) or Dermal (at the inner surface of the skin)
You have to be patient with hyperpigmentation because it has been there on your skin for quite a long time.
There’s no magic to make it disappear overnight. Using the homemade remedies every day will make it go faster.
SUM UP OF HOW TO REMOVE PIGMENTATION WITHOUT USING COSMETIC
All of the above methods are very effective that you don’t need cosmetics to get rid of your pigmentation.
Used them regularly. Eating fruits rich in anti-oxidants also helps reduce the formation of pigmentation which is caused due to hormonal changes or sunburnt.
KEEPING TRACK OF YOUR DIET will help you even faster in getting rid of your pigmentation.
You know, what goes into our stomach shows up on our skin or body.
Health and beauty need to take care inside out. Of course, you already know this.
If you have any information about natural pigmentation removal, or how to remove pigmentation without using cosmetic, then kindly share on the comment section below.